Nobody shows original green any love
Was just about to say this.
I still don’t understand why they made it blue and not green when it came over here.
A new beginning is coming…
Screencaps taken from this video.
Releasing Worldwide in October 2013!
I can’t wait!
It’s official Generation VI starts in October!
Here are some of the many thoughts I’ve had about this…
- Obviously the “third” version would be called Pokemon Z (Or Pokemon XX/XY if they decide to make 2 again).
- Is it just me or does that tower look like its based on the Eiffel Tower? Maybe this region is based on Europe to some extent?
- The grass starter is a mammal, this proves the point I made before that all the grass starters being reptilian was just a coincidence.
- Grass starter looks like it might end with Grass/Ground? That’s my guess at least.
- It also looks like it is based on a gopher or a mole?
- The fire starter is based on a Fennec Fox (a suggestion that was made in the Omnis Region!) and this is technically canine, so as far as I am concerned it fills the Dog spot in the Chinese Zodiac! Good job Game Freak!
- I’m not sure what Fennekin will end with. Maybe Fire/Ground? Or another Fire/Fighting (but I sure hope not).
- Froakie is based on a frog! And it looks like it has clouds on it, so maybe it ends in Water/Flying?
- The Legendaries look cool.
- The first one looks like a giant Y and I guess it is part flying.
- The second one looks like another Qilin (Arceus) and looks like the one from Princess Mononoke. I guess its supposed to look like an X? But I don’t see it. Maybe if it stands with its legs further apart it will look more like an X?
- There are past generation Pokemon in the trailer, so hopefully this means we get some new evolutions of past pokemon!
What do you guys think of all this information so far?
Best Xmas present EVER!
The story behind faceless Pikachu is this.
For Kitacon last year I wrote and presented a gameshow called “The Geekton Factor” (much like Krypton Factor). In one of the rounds the contestants were asked to come forward and draw certain things while blindfolded. One of the things they were asked to draw was a Pikachu. My good friend Zack kind of gave up half way through drawing his one and created the funniest drawing of the entire round. It totally slayed me with laughter. I still have the drawing…and now I have this glorious abomination in T-Shirt form!
The famous faceless Pikachu from Geekton Factor
Charizard special edition 3DS XL, you are so awesome. The way your gold lines fill the lid, that flame on the back, and that hint of teal in your eye — I love it all.
But why are you a Japan-exclusive system, sold only to people who win a preorder lottery? Maybe this is why guys who pick you aren’t consider boyfriend material.Buy: Pokemon Black/White Version 2
See also: More Pokemon news and media